Here's the thing. I'm 30 years old now.
Feeling kind of old.
Especially when I start laughing in the middle of a conversation because something strikes me funny and reminds me of a "Seinfeld Moment".
Then, I can't help but mention it - hoping that someone in the conversation will agree and recall the reference and we'll connect over it.
But it's becoming less and less frequent that people know what the heck I'm talking about.
So, in the spirit of 25th Anniversary's and me getting it all out there, I'm going to attempt to name my 25 favorite Seinfeld references that can/do occur in my every day life. These are actually in no particular order other than the order in which they came to mind. ENJOY!
25 "George likes his chicken spicy" - George.
This one has multiple applications. Whenever I'm eating Kung Pao chicken or I'm sweating uncomfortably, this one always comes to mind.
24 "GEORGE LIKES THE BANANA'S" followed by "SO LET HIM HAVE BANANA'S ON THE SIDE!"
This is a shouting match by George's parents, and it often comes up when I'm confronted with banana's added to any dish.
23. "We mustn't disturb the delicate genius!" - George
Anytime I have the desire to ask a professional friend an 'off-the-clock' question, particularly concerning medical questions.
22. "Giddyup" - Kramer
Translation: "I highly approve of the current situation and/or circumstances"
21. "I was in the pool!" - George
Just talking about pools.
20. George wants to be known as "T-Bone".
Just say the word T-bone, "T-BONE!"
19. "Lyin' and Laughin" - Jackie Chiles
Anytime I suspect someone of laughing at me from a distance.
18. "No, I'm not joking... she looks like Lyndon Johnson" - Kramer
Literally anytime, anyone, anywhere asks me who I think their baby looks like, I think... Lyndon Johnson. This one can be particularly awkward for me, given the sensitive nature of the conversation.
17. "Kramerica Industries" - Kramer
Kramer gets an intern from NYU to attend to his affairs. I think of it at least once a week, because, I also have interns. And for a bonus.. @00:25, It's a lot like some conversations with my wife Anna about house chores.
16. "Just a Salad, Just a Salad, Just a Salad" Jerry's internal voice.
EVERY TIME I ORDER A SALAD
15. "Seinfeld, you magnificent bastard!" - Jerry
Anytime the words Magnificent or Bastard are mentioned.
14. "Alright, playtime's over" - Peterman.
In moment's where the shenanigan's need to stop.
13. "That's GOLD Jerry, GOLD!" - Kenny Bania
When genius idea's strike... that's gold, jerry.
12. "I'll have the salmon" - Jerry
See #16, but for salmon.
11c. "Why don't you shut the Shades" Jerry "They are shut" - Kramer
Just mention the word "shades".
Watch for 11a, b and c.
11b. "These are load bearing walls, they're not gonna come down!" - Kramer
Any construction related talk with do this.
11a "My rods and cones are all screwed up!" - Kramer
Whenever someone expressed discomfort with their vision.
10. "These pretzel's are making me thirsty" - Jerry, Kramer, Elaine, George
Don't all pretzel's make us thirsty?
9. "You tell that son-of-a-b that no yankee is ever coming to Houston!"
Whenever someone is inappropriately using swear words in a friendly fashion.
8. "You're an anti-dentite" - Kramer
Aren't we all, really?
7. "You've got the A, the B, the C... and D. That's the biggest" - Frank Costanza
Georges dad explains to him the basics of brassieres. I think of this anytime I hear the letters A-D mentioned in order.
6. "I know the D is the biggest, I base my WHOLE LIFE on knowing that the D is the biggest" - George's response.
It's just absurd and hilarious.
5. "Installed" - Kramer
Whenever I accomplish a particularly manly task.
4. "The Government" - Homeless man
This one comes to mind everytime I skip past a political post on facebook.
Watch - starting at 1:19
3. "It's almost as if you have no business training at all" - Kramer's boss at his fake job.
Feels like my life sometimes.
2. "It's very refreshing!" - Kramer
Speaking in regards to Junior Mints, I use this to convey my satisfaction with a food object.
Watch @ 3:30
1. "You look like a cowboy" - Kramer, "I don't wanna be a cowboy"- Jerry
"You look like a pirate" - Kramer, "I don't wanna be a pirate" - Jerry
Most anytime I'm confronted with being associated with something I don't want to be associated with.